Sunday, October 14, 2018

I'M ORDINARY

I’m Ordinary!
[God told Moses,] “Now go, and do as I have told you. I will help you speak well, and I will tell you what to say.” But Moses again pleaded, “Lord, please! Send someone else.”Exodus 4:12-13
Conflicting emotions arise when someone asks us to do something for which we feel unprepared or inadequate. We tend to look in the mirror and scrutinize our faults and shortcomings. But we can be thankful that God views us in a much different light. He sees the promises he placed inside us when we were conceived. God knows our talents, and he also knows our disabilities and weaknesses. In today’s verses, Moses focused on just one aspect of the task—speaking—but God saw a much broader picture. He understood the hardships that were ahead. He knew that Moses was not a skilled speaker but that it was not Moses’ speaking ability that would lead God’s people through the wilderness. Rather, it was the leadership skills, faith in God, and strength of character that God had developed in him that would guide a multitude out of Egypt. God can enable you to do what he asks of you when you obey him. Just as a silver urn can be used to hold fine wine, so can a common crock. It’s what is on the inside that matters. When God uses ordinary people to perform the extraordinary, then his name is lifted up!

GOD, I am ordinary, but you are amazing! You created me, and you see things you have placed inside me that I may not recognize yet. When you ask something of me, you also understand what I need to complete the task. Please use me in extraordinary ways so that people will know that you are behind it all and will exalt your name!

DO YOU HAVE AN IMPOSSIBLE JOB TO DO? HAS THE LORD TOLD YOU TO DO IT? GO AHEAD! WHEN WE PRAY, WE ENTER GOD’S DOMAIN FROM THE DOMAIN OF OUR INABILITY.Corrie ten Boom (1892–1983)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what we can do better by sending an email to homeland.studio.media@gmail.com

Support this outreach by sharing this post on your social media. God bless as you do so.