Wednesday, October 31, 2018

GOD IS MY SHIELD

God Is My Shield
O Lord, I have so many enemies; so many are against me. So many are saying, “God will never rescue him!” But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high. I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain.Psalm 3:1-4
Have you ever felt as if someone was out to get you? as if you were surrounded by people who meant you harm in some way? When David wrote this psalm, he was crying out to God as he raced from the palace, pursued by enemies loyal to his son Absalom, who was trying to overthrow David’s kingdom by force. As David prayed this God-centered prayer, he was exercising his confidence that in this situation the Lord would reveal himself as a shield and protector, as David’s “glory and the one who lifts my head high.” In the midst of hearing others telling David that there was no hope, that all was lost, he had hope. But the source of his hope wasn’t in his mighty warriors or in the ability of another army to protect him. His hope was in God’s character. Though David was surrounded by foes on every side, he knew that God heard him when he cried out to him. He was confident that God was his shield of protection, that he watched over David and would deliver him.

LORD, you are my shield and my eternal protector. When I am in danger or distress, help me trust in your character. Be my glory and the lifter of my head this day. Lift my gaze and my heart from everything on this earth to you, who reign over all. Thank you for answering me from heaven and acting on my behalf when I cry out to you. May you be glorified in my life.

THE ARMOUR IS FOR THE BATTLE OF PRAYER. THE ARMOUR IS NOT TO FIGHT IN, BUT TO SHIELD US WHILE WE PRAY. PRAYER IS THE BATTLE.Oswald Chambers (1874–1917)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what we can do better by sending an email to homeland.studio.media@gmail.com

Support this outreach by sharing this post on your social media. God bless as you do so.