Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Christ in You

Christ in You
This is the secret: Christ lives in you, and this is your assurance that you will share in his glory.Colossians 1:27
Here is the heart of Christianity, which distinguishes it from every other religion in the world. It is not simply some universal spirit of goodness dwelling in humanity that we must strive to realize. Nor is it a set of rules and regulations that will bring us into union with our creator. The only hope and assurance we have of that eternal life, that object of the human quest, is what God himself has given us in Christ.
If we have accepted the gift of our Maker, forgiveness of sin and new life through Jesus Christ, we can begin to live each day in intimate fellowship with him. That goal is no longer unattainable or hindered by our human weakness. It is an accomplished reality. Because of Christ, God’s dwelling place is not somewhere on the other side of the cosmos. He inhabits the spirits of those who have been “born of God,” and continually calls to us, “Come unto me.”

DEAR GOD, as I walk through this day, may I be aware of the fact that Jesus is actually living in me by his Spirit. I don’t begin to understand how that can be, but help me to realize that your presence in me is a reality and my only life and hope. In that knowledge, grant me the freedom to enjoy this time together with you.

TRUE PEACE IS FOUND BY MAN IN THE DEPTHS OF HIS OWN HEART, THE DWELLING PLACE OF GOD.Johann Tauler (ca. 1300–1361)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what we can do better by sending an email to homeland.studio.media@gmail.com

Support this outreach by sharing this post on your social media. God bless as you do so.