Wednesday, November 28, 2018

JESUS’ PRAYER FOR BELIEVERS

      JESUS’ PRAYER FOR BELIEVERS

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.
John 17:25 - 26
At the Last Supper, Jesus prepared his disciples for the death he would soon suffer. He washed their feet, talked about his coming betrayal, predicted Peter’s denial, and told them that the Holy Spirit would be their Counselor. Then, Jesus prayed for them, asking the Father to “protect them from the evil one” (17:15) and to “sanctify them by the truth” (17:17). Even as he faced betrayal, denial, crucifixion, and death, Jesus was concerned about his followers. He wasn’t concerned that they be kept from every trial, hardship, or danger; but he was concerned that they remain in God’s love.
We can take great comfort that Jesus included us in his prayer: “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message” (17:20).

PRAYER

Dear Jesus, thank you for your concern for me that even in your last few hours on earth you prayed for me …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what we can do better by sending an email to homeland.studio.media@gmail.com

Support this outreach by sharing this post on your social media. God bless as you do so.