Friday, November 2, 2018

CONFESSION

Confession
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep me from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.Psalm 19:12-14
Each of us has blind spots and lacks knowledge about all the sins and hidden faults in our lives, particularly those “lurking” in our hearts. But thank God that we have a Savior whose blood was spilt at Calvary for those very sins so that we can ask him to cleanse us from hidden faults and not allow deliberate sins to control our lives.
Both our hidden faults and our deliberate sins are the reasons we need to make time in our prayer and devotions for confession—for asking the Holy Spirit to search our hearts, to show us the behaviours and thoughts for which we need cleansing and that left unconfessed, can keep us from experiencing his grace.
Then what freedom, what joy Christ offers us—the breastplate of righteousness, the cleansing of our consciences, and right standing with God the Father, based not on our own works but on the grace of God alone. What hidden faults and sins are working in your heart? Spend some time in reflection today, writing down whatever the Spirit shows you and giving these to God.

LORD, I am blind to so much. There is no way I can know all the sins lurking in my heart. But you know them. I ask your Holy Spirit to shine your light on my blind spots, to cleanse me from hidden faults so that I can confess my sin and receive your forgiveness. Help me to grow in transparency and openness before you so that I might walk in your freedom and grace.

GOD IN HIS WISDOM ONLY GIVES THE GRACE OF SELF-KNOWLEDGE GRADUALLY. . . . BUT AS WE PERCEIVE AND CONQUER THE MORE GLARING FAULTS, HIS GRACIOUS LIGHT SHOWS US THE SUBTLER, MORE HIDDEN IMPERFECTIONS; AND THIS SPIRITUAL PROCESS LASTS ALL THROUGH LIFE.Jean Nicolas Grou (1731–1803)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what we can do better by sending an email to homeland.studio.media@gmail.com

Support this outreach by sharing this post on your social media. God bless as you do so.