Wednesday, September 12, 2018

LOVE IN ACTION


Love in Action
The king called in the man he had forgiven and said, “You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?” Then the angry king sent the man to prison until he had paid every penny. That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters in your heart.Matthew 18:32-35
We live in a world that paints word pictures of love. We love our families. We love our careers. We even say we love inanimate things such as a beautiful painting or a new pair of shoes. But that type of love can’t change our world. Agape love is Christ’s unconditional love toward us, but agapao love is what others see as our actions reflect our love for Christ. If Christians truly demonstrated agapao love, then our world couldn’t help but be drawn to Christ.

The man who punished his servant in today’s verses failed to demonstrate agape love. His own master could have thrown him into jail until he repaid a massive debt he owed, but instead, he had forgiven that debt. But somehow the man forgot all about mercy when he encountered the man who owed him a small sum. He extended no leniency and realized his error only when he was forced to assume his former indebtedness.
As Christians, we have been forgiven a debt so massive that we could never repay it. If you want to show Christ to a world that is seeking love, remember what Christ has freely given you, and then extend that mercy to others.

LORD, you’ve forgiven me so many times that I’ve lost count. Each time I fail you, you scoop me up and put me back in right standing with you. When I owe a debt of forgiveness, remind me of the times you’ve forgiven me. Give me your heart for each person who wrongs or offends me. Help me to walk in forgiveness daily because daily you forgive me.

LOVE HAS HANDS TO HELP OTHERS. IT HAS FEET TO HASTEN TO THE POOR AND NEEDY. IT HAS EYES TO SEE MISERY AND WANT. IT HAS EARS TO HEAR THE SIGHS AND SORROWS OF ME. THIS IS WHAT LOVE LOOKS LIKE.Augustine of Hippo (354–430)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what we can do better by sending an email to homeland.studio.media@gmail.com

Support this outreach by sharing this post on your social media. God bless as you do so.