Monday, February 25, 2019

THE PRICE IS NEVER RIGHT

When we place an item on a scale, it is the moment of truth, whether we are measuring fruit, a bouncing baby, precious metals, or our own body weight. The scales measure loss or gain with unflinching accuracy. How do we weigh the value of self-control? It might be measured by calculating the losses. What is the cost when we unleash anger without restraint? Self-control is the act of hesitating and counting the cost before we speak a word or carry out an action.

How many times have we fallen at the Savior’s feet and asked him to cover our shortcomings with his grace? Each time he has forgiven us and brought us back into fellowship with him. Counting other’s wrongs seems natural—until we measure them against our own failures and the unconditional love we have been granted in Christ.
Weighing an unruly temper against self-control is much the same as measuring scrap aluminum against gold. One is cutting and worth little; the other is of great value.

GOD, help me to forgive others in light of the unconditional love I have found in you. Help me to see past my anger and to resolve disagreements with wisdom and grace. Help me to measure my words and actions before I speak or act. When others wrong me, may I remember all the times you reached down and covered my wrongs with your mercy, and may I be filled with your love for them.

DON’T GET ANGRY AT THE PERSON WHO ACTS IN WAYS THAT DISPLEASE YOU. GIVE HIM THE SMILE HE LACKS. SPREAD THE SUNSHINE OF GOD’S LIMITLESS LOVE.Joni Eareckson Tada (b. 1949)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what we can do better by sending an email to homeland.studio.media@gmail.com

Support this outreach by sharing this post on your social media. God bless as you do so.