Wednesday, July 11, 2018

WORTHY OF PRAISE


Worthy of Praise
I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold. I will call on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, for he saves me from my enemies.Psalm 18:1-3
Hunted and chased like an animal, David had been in terrible distress and danger, but God had preserved his life and rescued him. Because of God’s help, David hadn’t just survived; he had emerged victorious. So he sings Psalm 18, a psalm of thanksgiving for all God has done and for who he is to David. It is a great song of worship and praise for the Lord’s divine intervention in delivering David against all odds from his enemy Saul and for bringing David through his difficulties to a future and hope.

In singing God’s praises, David uses vivid metaphors: “my rock” (stability and security), “my shield” (the one who guards and keeps me safe), “the strength of my salvation” (my source of strength when I’m weak), and “my stronghold” (the place I can go for protection). In David’s darkest hour the Lord revealed himself in these ways, and he wants to reveal himself in our lives too—right where we are in our distress, in the problems that try us, and in our victories. Ask him to reveal himself in whatever you’re facing today, and join David in praising the Lord who is “worthy of praise”!

LORD, when I am beset by difficulties, be my rock—my source of security in an uncertain world. In you alone I find protection. You are my stronghold; I need nothing else. Be my strength when I’m weak. Be my shield of protection from those who would harm me. Be the strength of my salvation when I call on you, and I will ever praise you because you are worthy.

GOD REVEALS HIMSELF UNFAILINGLY TO THE THOUGHTFUL SEEKER.Honoré de Balzac (1799–1850)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what we can do better by sending an email to homeland.studio.media@gmail.com

Support this outreach by sharing this post on your social media. God bless as you do so.